- Collecting data on party organizations in Germany since 2011 under the direction of Thomas Poguntke, supported by Michael Angenendt (research assistant) and Pauline Marquardt (student assistant).
- Currently, seven German parties are taken into consideration: Christian Democratic Union of Germany (CDU); Christian Social Union of Bavaria (CSU), Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD); Free Democratic Party (FDP); The Left (Die Linke); Alliance '90/The Greens (Bündnis 90/Die Grünen); Alternative for Germany (AfD)
- The collected data provide information on intraparty structures and member participation, the parties’ financial and personal resources, and their leadership management. (Click here for further information).
- Establishing a publicly available and continuously updated database in cooperation with Susan Scarrow, University of Houston (USA). The database will allow the international research community and young scholars to gain easy access to data on numerous party organizations from different countries. The data is freely available at Dataverse.
- Participation in the common book project of the international research team. The first draft has been presented on a research meeting in Sussex in October 2014. Raising external funds from the German Research Foundation (DFG). A total amount of 200.000 Euros has been granted for the duration of three years, starting in August 2014.
- Raising external funds from the Fritz-Thyssen-Foundation. The grant enabled the international research team to conduct a research session in Düsseldorf at Schloss Mickeln in October 2013.
- Financing and organization of a research meeting in Düsseldorf at Schloss Mickeln in June 2012.
- Organizing the launch conference of the database and new book on May 4th 2017 at the Haus der Universität in Düsseldorf.
- Support for publishing the joint book project “Organizing Political Parties. Representation, Participation, and Power” (Scarrow/Webb/Poguntke 2017).
© HHU / Jana Monen